Thank you for your interest in the Social Enterprise Conference. The online event registration is currently closed.
We will be accepting walk-in registration on Friday, October 4, 2013 starting at 7:30 a.m. Walk-in registration will be first come, first served.
The annual Social Enterprise Conference at Columbia Business School is a leading industry event that brings together business leaders from the private, nonprofit and public sectors as well as students and academics to explore innovative ways to create social value through business. We expect Conference attendance to be around 700 participants.
- Charles Best, Founder and CEO of DonorsChoose.org
- Deborah Dugan, CEO of (RED)
- Jeremy Heimans, Co-Founder and CEO of Purpose
- Dr. Naif Al-Mutawa ’03, Founder & CEO, Teshkeel Media Group
- Isaac Solotaroff, Filmmaker, WHAM! BAM! ISLAM!
Engaging Customers and Clients in Social Change
Society will never change unless we collectively want it to. Social entrepreneurs may have great visions for transforming the world, but little can be accomplished without energizing and motivating those on the receiving end of change efforts: the clients and customers of social enterprises. While lessons can be learned from marketers and social media practitioners, there are unique challenges in adapting these ideas to solving social and environmental problems. Organizations ranging from multinational corporation to social venture startups need to grapple with questions such as:
- How best to compel customers to consider the social footprints of their purchases, and leverage the power of the consumer for social good
- How to engage at the grassroots level to translate individual ideas and feedback into action and movements
- How best to create demand for – and deliver – socially useful products and services that benefit underserved communities and the environment
By uniting industry experts, thought leaders and practitioners, the 2013 Social Enterprise Conference will
delve deeper into the ways leaders and managers can use strategy as a tool to maximize social change.
Return to the Social Enterprise Conference website.
New York, NY 10027
|Columbia Business School Alumni/Exec Ed. Participants/Faculty & Staff||$ 100.00|
|Students (CBS Non-Club Members & Other Universities) ** ID's will be checked at the door **||$ 80.00|
|Columbia Business School SEC/IDC/GBC ** ID's will be checked at the door **||$ 60.00|
|Reception Only||$ 40.00|