Work With Us
Organizations can find Columbia MBA and EMBA students to assist with consulting projects and social venture business plans. Students typically select organizations, ventures, and entrepreneurs to work with (for coursework and volunteer consulting projects) around the beginning of each semester. However, students with a particular interest in your project are likely to respond to emails and job postings through out the semester.
Examples of past projects and a one-page description template for your project/venture can be found on the Social Enterprise Program website. Social enterprise organizations and entrepreneurs looking for students to assist with business plans, consulting projects, and/or new social ventures can find students by:
- Sending an email about your organization / venture (with a description of the organization / venture, the type of assistance and skills required, and your contact details) to the Social Enteprise Club VP of Careers, International Development Club’s VP of Projects (Pangea Advisors), or the Social Enterprise Program who can forward this to club members or all MBA students;
- Contacting the Small Business Consulting Program (which also works with nonprofit organizations);
- Submitting a job posting online for all Columbia MBA students and alumni. This can be for a full-time or summer position. Students working over the summer may be eligible for a Social Enterprise Summer Fellowship;
- Checking the Global Social Venture Competition website and calendar. This competition provides an online matching service for students and venture teams looking for specific skills; and/or
- Contacting the Social Enterprise Program, which also lists courses that may have students with an interest in your organization or venture.